*Horses being rehomed will never be first come, first served. We strive to find the perfect match for both horse & human, and will do what's best for the horse foremost.
*Horses will not leave the property until paid in full. Any monies owing for board etc need to be PIF as well prior to loading. No exceptions.
*If you have been approved through the application for a specific horse, a 50% non-refundable deposit needs to be received within 24hours. If a deposit is not received by then, the horse will be reposted.
*Once deposit is received, you have 2 weeks to arrange pick up. This is included in price. Anything after 2 weeks will be charged board at 10.00 a day, and any other fees incurred from proper maintenance.
*Sunday and Monday we are closed. No applications or meetings will take place on these days, (unless booked in advance but please understand, we have families and responsibilities to tend to as well.)
*We do not allow horses to leave the property if the weather conditions are unsafe. That includes freezing rain, icey roads, extreme cold etc.
*We do not deliver, but MAY be able to help you arrange hauling.
*We do not allow off site fostering at this time.
*We do not tolerate any type of abusive behavior. That pertains to both horses and humans.
*We reserve the right to refuse service/rehoming at any time.
*HHA is operated 100% on a volunteer basis. Please be considerate of this, and be diligent in arriving on time for any appts, and also understand we aren't always available on short notice. Appointments need to be made a minimum of 24hours in advance. If you are longer than 30minutes past a set appointment with no contact, we will consider your appointment canceled.
1. All horses are sold as-is. Youre welcome at any time to have a vet check prior to purchase. If you opt to pass on a PPE, you are accepting ALL responsibility for the horse.
2.Any colts/stallions must gelded by a licensed veterinarian as soon as the adopted equine is physically and mentally ready. No colt/stallion is to be used for breeding purposes.
3. To not breed any fillies/mares adopted from HHA, unless an agreement is in place and attached to this contract.
4. All seniors will be on a buy back only contract. This means we do not allow the resale without being contacted and get first right of refusal. Seniors get tossed around too often and we refuse to add to issue.
5. We have no problem with young horses being bought with the intent of training to rehome. We do require a 9 month minimum of ownership, and to know who the new purchaser is. The new home will also need to be in agreement with our terms.
6. We adamantly will not allow a 2yr old to go under saddle.